Sustainability in Higher Education: 9 Announcements
The European School of Sustainability Science and Research (ESSSR) and the Inter-University Sustainable Development Research Programme (IUSDRP) are happy to make the following announcements announcements:
1. Invitation to take part on a paper on the World Survey on Sustainability Publishing and Research in Higher Education (WSSSP-HEI). This study is now open and in order to facilitate the data collection, an instrument has been designed to collect some basic information on research and publications on sustainability in higher education, and can be seen at: https://forms.gle/NL6qHyuMBdcPybt29
Interested persons and organisations are warmly invited to take part on the study. Those who take part on the study, and wish to obtain a summary with the results, can contact Amanda Lange Salvia.
2. Sharing recent papers: the European School of Sustainability Science and Research is happy to share some recent papers produced by its team and associates: https://esssr.eu/new-papers-on-sustainability-research-and-climate-education-published-by-esssr-members/
3. New books on sustainable development: as part of the World Sustainability Series, the volumes: "Universities as Living Labs for Sustainable Development - Supporting the Implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals" and "Sustainability on University Campuses: Learning, Skills Building and Best Practices" have just been published. Further details can be seen at: https://www.springer.com/series/13384?detailsPage=titles
4. The Symposium "Making space(s) for sustainability: bringing forward the ecological university", will be held at Canterbury Christ Church University, UK on 7th - 8th November 2019.
5. The Symposia "Sustainability Literacy: Faculty, Staff, and Students as Agents of Change", will be held in two locations:
a) College of Charleston, USA, on 12th-13th February 2020. This event will be especially handy for North American experts, who are usually unable to travel to Europe to attend our events.
b) University of Cork, Ireland, on 22nd- 23rd April 2020.
Papers accepted and presented at both events, will be published in a major special issue of the International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education (IJSHE). This is an opportunity not to be missed.
6. The Symposium "Accelerating the Implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals in Africa", will be held in Pretoria, South Africa, on 5th-6th March 2020. Papers accepted and presented at the event, will also be published in a special issue of the International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education (IJSHE). This event will offer a unique opportunity to discuss matters related to sustainable development in a higher education context in Africa.
7. The Symposium "Sustainability and the Arts" will be held in Manchester, UK on 20th-21st April 2019.
8. 2nd World Symposium on Social Responsibility and Sustainability, Curitiba, Brazil, 27th -29th April 2020.
9. 5th World Symposium on Sustainable Development at Universities (WSSD-U-2020), Gotland, Sweden, 26th-28th August 2020.
If you wish to apply for membership of ESSSR, and benefit from the opportunities offered by our many publications and projects, please contact the team in Hamburg at: email@example.com.
The IUSDRP and ESSSR Teams