European School of Sustainability Science and Research - Invitation to "Associate Members"
The European School of Sustainability Science and Research (ESSSR) was launched on 1st October 2018. Consistent with the goals of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the many requirements to be fulfilled so as to allow its implementation, the aims of ESSR are as follows:
- to provide a platform for universities to discuss the contribution of Sustainability Science and Research towards the implementation of the SDGs;
- to mobilise universities working with sustainable development, to gather, deliberate and implement joint initiatives, especially online courses, research projects and specialist publications, which show how Sustainability Science and Research can help to achieve the SDGs;
- to contribute to the education of next generation of sustainability scientists, by means of online courses and joint PhD programmes on sustainability science
A further aim of ESSSR is to link European sustainability researchers with their counterparts in other parts of the world (north-south and south-south cooperation on sustainable development). ESSSR strengthens interdisciplinary research on sustainability issues, and also paves the way for post-doctoral positions and fellowships across its members.
The founding members are:
- HAW Hamburg, Germany (Coordination office)
- University of Malta
- University of Uppsala, Sweden (also Secretariat of the Baltic University Programme)
- University of Coimbra, Portugal
- University Aberta, Portugal
- Manchester Metropolitan University, UK
- Kaunas University of Technology, Lithuania
- Tallinn University of Technology (Estonia)
- University of Florence, Italy
- Lodz University of Technology, Poland
- University of Latvia (Latvia)
We are now seeking expressions of interest from European universities, who may be interested to join ESSSR as "Associate Members". This means that they may take part in the activities led by ESSSR, and benefit from the works performed by the School.
Interview in German.
Expressions of interest, initially consisting of a note introducing the organisation and stating their motivation to join ESSSR, should be sent to the coordination team in Hamburg by 15th November 2018. The contact details are:
Dr. Anne Marie Hoffmann / Dr. Claudia Schultz
Hamburg University of Applied Sciences
Faculty of Life Sciences
Reseach and Transfer Centre „Sustainable Development and Climate Change Management“