Call for applications to host the Baltic University Programme National Center
As an outcome of several working meetings and after taking into consideration voices from network, the leadership of the Baltic University Programme has decided to open a call for applications at all our members’ universities to host the BUP National Centers. To host a BUP national center means many responsibilities but also advantages. As the host university will coordinate the Baltic University Programme in the country and represent it in the region, its visibility will be increased on both national and regional level. During the period when the BUP National Center will have the responsibility to coordinate BUP presidency, there will be opportunities to organize different events at the home university, which definitely will draw attention of the students and researches.
Baltic University Programme is looking for the location for the National Center for Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Belarus, Russia, Ukraine, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Czech and Slovak Republic. We expect applying university to:
- show strong support from the university administration’s level
- show a genuine interest to contribute to the development of BUP
- have resources in staff (center director) and in time to spend on BUP
- show creativity and new ideas, and express wish to develop BUP network in the respective country
We welcome all member universities interested in hosting the BUP National Center in their respective country to apply until the 25 June 2018 to Madeleine Granvik, director the Baltic University Programme.
Application should include:
- Support letter from the Rector of the University including a declaration and wish to work and develop the BUP National Center
- CV of the Center Director to-be (with emphasis on international cooperation)
- The Center Director to-be description of ideas how to run the Center including creative solutions for the BUP promotion, plans how to engage the other BUP network’s members, and the list of teachers and scientists from own university that would build a supporting group – 1-page text max
The current national centers will be in charge until the new contracts with National Centers will be signed in the beginning of the next academic year, in September 2018.
We do hope to see the applications from enthusiastic, energetic, and interested colleagues from the network!
Attachment: BUP Center agreementto be signed by the Rector and the Center Director to-be.