- BUP Symposium 2022 2022-05-19
- ESD Science Lab 2022 for BUP teachers 2022-05-11
- New Centre Director in Estonia 2022-05-06
- New Ukrainian colleague 2022-05-05
- Internship announcement for Ukrainian students 2022-04-08
- Internship announcement for autumn 2022 2022-04-08
- The BUP student conference 2022 2022-03-22
- Call for applications to BUP workshop for PhD Students 2022-03-22
- Support Ukrainian scientists abroad 2022-03-04
- Statement regarding the current war in Ukraine 2022-03-03
The BUP Symposium 2022
Registration to present at the BUP Symposium 2022, 8-9 November, is now open.
Welcome to us
The Baltic University Programme (BUP) is a lively network of almost 90 universities located in 10 countries of the Baltic Sea Drainage Area. It started in 1991 as an enthusiastic effort to bridge the information divide left by the Iron Curtain and has been growing ever since. Thirty years of a fruitful cooperation later, the BUP and its mission can hardly be more topical: a sustainable development of the Baltic Sea Region.
The BUP supports cooperation among researchers, teachers, and students from the Participating Universities, but extends as well to international offices and other university bodies. It also assists university leaderships in strategic issues related to internationalisation. As they share similar experiences and face similar challenges – global as well as specific to the region – the participants actively pool their knowledge and find innovative ways of promoting and implementing sustainability in their region.
The BUP supports research, cooperation and Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) in a Baltic Sea Region context, to aid the achievement of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and its 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The Academia and research community constitute a very important group of stakeholders who can strongly support the achievement of the SDGs. Whether it is at the global, regional or local level, universities can contribute in multiple ways. This is through knowledge generation, innovations, data, technical analysis, and above all through training the next generation of students in building a sustainable future.