- National meetings within the Programme 2021-01-19
- Call for Student Ambassadors 2021 2021-01-15
- BUP is hiring students for digitalization project 2021-01-15
- The Baltic Science Network (BSN) Mobility Programme for Research Internships, BARI, continues in spring 2021 2020-12-17
- Extended deadline for Special issue "Challenges and Possibilities for Sustainable Development in a Baltic Sea Region context" 2020-12-16
- 2nd International Educational Methodological Conference 2020-12-10
- Special issue of Sustainability completed 2020-12-07
- The BUP Newsletter 63 is published 2020-12-07
- Call for Expressions of Interest- Green Deal Call on "Restoring biodiversity and ecosystem services" 2020-11-16
Space Bridges 2.0
Welcome to us
The Baltic University Programme (BUP) is a lively network of 89 universities located in 12 countries of the Baltic Sea Drainage Area. It started in 1991 as an enthusiastic effort to bridge the information divide left by the Iron Curtain and has been growing ever since. Thirty years of a fruitful cooperation later, the BUP and its mission can hardly be more topical: a sustainable development of the Baltic Sea Region.
The BUP supports cooperation among researchers, teachers, and students from the Participating Universities, but extends as well to international offices and other university bodies. It also assists university leaderships in strategic issues related to internationalisation. As they share similar experiences and face similar challenges – global as well as specific to the region – the participants actively pool their knowledge and find innovative ways of promoting and implementing sustainability in their region.