Book of BUP stories: celebrating the 30th anniversary
To celebrate 30 years of our existence and work in the area of internationalisation and sustainable development, we want to publish a book of BUP stories. Stories have an indisputable potential to enrich our understanding and shape the way we frame complex issues. Storytelling is therefore a perfect tool to use when talking about The Baltic University Programme, sustainable development, and international cooperation. In stories we use the language of values, identities, and cultures, which more often than facts and data influence our behaviour and have the power to trigger change. And we need to change to become even more sustainable. So please share your story. It can be about something that happened a long time ago, today, or even something that could happen in the future.
Contributors are invited to participate with a text in English, no more than 1000 words long (but that can be very short as well, just a few sentences!), and, if possible, including photos/illustrations with copyright. “A story” can be a personal reflection on something that has happened, on what you have learned, a memorable outcome of an event or a cooperation, but also for instance an entertaining anecdote – we have been together for thirty years, so no need to be too formal! If you want to contribute but don't know how or just need inspiration, go through the questions below. You’ll see which one(s) is/are the best fit for you. But don’t dwell on them for too long – you know best what meant something to you, so grab a pen/ hands on the keyboard and dive right into it!
- What circumstances led you to The Baltic University Programme?
- How did The Baltic University Programme catch your attention?
- There are so many great organisations to get involved in - why did you choose to participate in The Baltic University Programme?
- Describe why The Baltic University Programme is meaningful to you.
- What was most surprising to you about The Baltic University Programme?
- Is there a particular moment or a memory that stands out for you?
- In what way(s) are you a different person today thanks to The Baltic University Programme?
- Name the top two or three lessons you learned through The Baltic University Programme.
- How do experiences you’ve had through The Baltic University Programme impact decisions you make today?
- Why do you want to share your experience?
- In what way does your experience show what The Baltic University Programme is about?
- Is there any achievement or a contribution that you are most proud of? Why?
- Do you have a funny anecdote from a past BUP event? Something didn’t work out as planned and became a good party story instead?
- What would you say to someone who is considering taking part in an activity organised by The Baltic University Programme?
- What do you think other people should know about The Baltic University Programme?