Climate change and water change in the Baltic Sea Region: Drivers and Perspectives.
In the 2nd session of the seminar series "Space Bridges 2.0", we focus on climate change and its impacts on the freshwater in the Baltic Sea Region. We discuss the drivers and different perspectives on how the water is changing.
For the session we invited severaI expers who share their research regarding water and climate change.
Date and time: 18 February 2021, 14.00-16.30 (CET)
Host: Belarusian State University, Belarus
Co-Host: Uppsala University, Sweden
Open for: Public
- Welcoming notes from BUP's National Centre in Belarus, PhD. Elena Pilgun
- Precipitation and streamflow transformation caused by climate change over the Baltic Sea Region with a focus on Belarus, PhD Irina Danilovich
- Geophysical factors of climate change in the Northern Hemisphere (solar activity, solar-terrestrial connections), PhD Candidate Tim Schlender
- Current climate change over territory of Belarus, PhD Tatiana Tabalchuk
- Mixing regimes of Belarusian lakes caused by climate change, Nina Sukhovilo
- Climate change and urban water infrastructure: challenges and solutions, PhD Maria Falaleeva
- Human rights and climate change from an international legal perspective, Anastasiya Ihnatovich
- Closing remarks, PhD. Elena Pilgun
Associate Professor, Belarusian State University
Presentation: Precipitation and streamflow caused by climate change over the Baltic Sea Region with a focus on Belarus.
Researcher of the National Ozone Monitoring Research and Education Center, Belarusian State University
Presentation: Geophysical factors impact Climate Change in the Northern Hemisphere.
Director of the National Ozone Monitoring Research and Education Center, Belarusian State University
Presentation: Current effects of climate change in Belarus.
Laboratory of Limnology, Belarusian State University
Presentation: Climate change impacts on Belarusian lakes.
Head of the international NGO EKAPRAEKT
Presentation: Impacts and possible solutions to climate change and urban water infrastructure.
Faculty of International Relations, Belarusian State University
Presentation: Relation between human rights and climate change.
Centre Director BUP Belarus and
Belarusian State University
Elena hosts the session.
Director of the Baltic University Programme and
Associate Professor at the Department of Earthscience at Uppsala University
Madeleine co-hosts the session.