European Universities Initiative - The Future of European University Starts Today
Space Bridge, session 4, focus on exchange of experience in the Baltic Sea Region from ECIU (member KTU), ARQUS (member VU) and EU-CONEXUS (member KU) alliances – members of European Universities Initiative.
Event description: The aim of European Universities initiative is to bring together a new generation of creative Europeans able to cooperate across languages, borders and disciplines to address societal challenges and skills shortages faced in Europe. Three Lithuanian universities (all BUP members) are partners in three different European University alliances - testing different models of the concept of European Universities and examine its potential to transform higher education.
The alliances are connecting partners from all types of higher education institution and cover a broad geographic scope across Europe; are based upon a co-envisioned long-term strategy focused on sustainability, excellence and European values, offers student-centred curricula jointly delivered across inter-university campuses, where diverse student bodies can build their own programmes and experience mobility at all levels of study; adopts a challenge-based approach according to which students, academics and external partners can cooperate in inter-disciplinary teams to tackle the biggest issues facing Europe today. The latest experiences, teaching methods and the first results achieved by the partners in creating a vision for the future of European higher education will be presented at the Space Bridge 2.0 from Lithuania.
- Welcoming notes from BUP's National Centre of Lithuania – "What is the future of European Universities?"
- Presentation from European University Alliance ARQUS (member VU)
- Presentation from European Consortium of Innovative Universities ECIU (member KTU)
- Presentation from European University for Smart Urban Coastal Sustainability EU-CONEXUS (member KU)
- Panel discussion: Midway of the path toward development of the future of European University. How close we are towards European values and creating the higher education area of tomorrow.
- Closing remarks (BUP Lithuania)
Date and time: 15 April 2021, 14.00-16.00 (CET)
Host: Kaunas University of Technology, Lithuania
Co-Host: Uppsala University, Sweden
Open for: Public
BUP Centre Director Lithuania
Associate Professor, Dr.
Institute of Environmental Engineering (APINI)
Kaunas University of Technology (KTU), Lithuania
Visvaldas hosts the session.
BUP Director, Associate Professor
Director of the Baltic University Programme and
Associate Professor at the Department of Earthscience at Uppsala University
Madeleine co-hosts the session.