Submit an abstract for presenting a scientific poster
To present your research in a scientific poster we would need an abstract of the research you would like to present. After the submission of your poster abstract a scientific committee will evaluate the scientfic value of the poster and accept or reject it.
Upon notification of acceptance, you will be asked to submit your poster according to specifications.
- Submission is possible until 8 August 2021.
- The scientific committee will read and evaluate the abstracts from June 2021.
- The BUP coordinating secretariat in Uppsala will contact submittors, letting them know the result starting July.
- Deadline for the submission of posters is 15 September 2021.
- Deadline for the final accepted version of posters 12 October 2021.
- Accepted posters ready to be published 19 October 2021.
Content of abstract
Abstracts should connect to any of the conference themes. Abstract should describe the rationale and aims of recent research, and some of its results. General descriptions of broad contexts should be avoided.
Form of abstract
Abstracts should be written in English, and of max 250 words. It should be written in third person and not in the first or second one (e.g. I, me, or my paper). The abstract is a condensed and concentrated version of the full paper/presentation. Introduce the subject by a short text, present the major objective(s)/hypotheses, present your main method(s). Finally identify the major results from your research.
Example of abstract
Content and form of poster
To present your poster at the BUP symposium keep the lay-out according to the suggestions below.
Total poster size maximum A0 and minimum A2
Text in English (body text font size minimum 16p)
Include information on:
- Research question
- Main method
- Main results
- Main conclusion
- Keywords (maximum five)
- Author/researcher (-s)
- Contact information